Alumnae Newsletter 2016-2017
Sugandh Alumnae Association of L.A.D. & Smt. R. P. College for Women, Nagpur
UNIQUE & BEST POINTS OF THE COLLEGE
1. 84-year old premiere Women’s College in central India started in 1932with the aim of
educating women and empowering them. Stood the test of two World Wars.
2. NAAC Accredited ‘A’ Grade in both cycles; Multi faculty, pioneering professional and
mainstream programmes includes Bachelor of Cosmetic Technology, Interior Design,
Hotel Management, Applied electronics, Biotechnology, besides mainstream Arts,
Commerce, Science and Home Science.
3. College with Potential for Excellence under UGC.
4. Well- qualified, dynamic faculty; with around 63% are doctorates. Strong Alumnae base.
5. State- of- the-Art Infrastructure with two campuses spread over 26 acres of land
6. 12 Research Centers and a UGC sponsored Women’s Studies Research Centre
7. UGC sponsored Career Oriented Programmes
• Advertising & Event Management
• Hospitality Management
• Bio-agent Production
8. A slew of certificate courses in Foreign Languages and Performing Arts run as satellite
9. Project Micro propagation of Socio Economically viable plants funded by Maharashtra
Govt. Department of Forests
10. Hunnar se Rozgaar (Skill development) scheme funded by the Ministry of Tourism run
by the Dept. of HMCT.
About the Association:
L.A.D. & Smt. R. P. College for Women is a premier educational institution in Central India with its aim focused on the empowerment of girl students. The College established 84 years ago with only seven students in the Faculty of Arts today has student strength of 4,500 students studying in five different faculties in a multilingual and multicultural environment.
This 84 year old institution has a long list of proud and illustrious alumnae spread all over India and in the globe. They are associated with almost all spheres of life and have captured one pinnacle of success after another. These alumnae are linked up with their alma mater through their subject teachers and faculties and coordinate with them in various academic and other activities. They share their expertise, experience and knowledge with the enrolled students and other former students through the Alumnae Association.
The Alumnae Association was formally inaugurated on 18 December 2001 at the hands of Mrs. Molina Tipnis, the then President of All India Air Force Wives’ Welfare Association and an alumnus of Home Science Faculty. This function was graced by her better half Air Chief Marshal A.Y. Tipnis. The Alumnae Association has now grown in strength and is lending a helping hand to the students and the College in its further march towards development.Objectives of the Association:
- To initiate effective measures to develop and maintain different forms of network among globally distributed
distinguished alumnae of this Institution,
- . To conduct seminars, conferences, workshops, endowment lectures and other academic activities and also to keep in touch with one another -the faculty, non teaching staff and students,
- . To effectively utilize the services of the alumnae in teaching, training and research and thereby enhance the infrastructure and expertise of the Institution,
- To develop large database, teleconferencing online forums, Net chats and digital library for the benefit of alumnae to access the facilities of the Alma Mater,
- . To participate in activities contributing to improvement of infrastructure & Academic activities of L.A. D. College, Nagpur,
- . Alumnae Assisting present students and on academic/technical problems,
- . To institute prizes and scholarships for Meritorious/ Outstanding students,
- . To offer financial aid to the poor and deserving students of the Institution,
- To adopt students for the Purpose of Education,
- To communicate the activities of the Institution and alumnae,
- To honour former students of the Institution for outstanding contribution or for service to society, nation, or a cause, etc.
· LAD Notice App developed by an alumnus of Dept of Applied Electronics.
· 24 % of Faculty Members are alumnae of the College contributing to its development.
18 December 2001-Inaugural of the Alumnae Association
10 May 2002- Get together
5 September 2002- Musical Bonanza
2002-2003-Sanskrit Sambhashan Classes organized by Dr. Sharda Gadge, an alumnus,
Publication of Communique
Mega Alumnae Meet
Publication of Sugandh
Visit to Thaturwada-a village adopted by the College for upliftment
A Career Councelling session was organized by CAAL for [present students of B.Cos. Tech and M.Cos. Tech., Speakers- Alumni Varssha Bhagchandani – Proprieter , My HappySki
Alumni Kanchan Gadre – Proprieter, Finesse Consultancy ,
Alumnae Meet at Cosmetic Dept, LAD College- August 2014
Dr Muktai Chavan Deb delivered a Guest Lecture on SWOT Analysis on 11 July 2015 in a programme organized by Training & Placement Cell of the College.
Ms Vishakha Joshi, Z Cinema Programme Executive shared her experiences and motivated students for choosing a career of their choice. It was held in the Dept of Psychology on 5 November 2015.
Dr Hansashree Marathe and Dr. Kavita Holey (Sanskrit Scholars) guided Sanskrit students on Learning Sanskrit language skills on 5 September 2015.
Department of Sanskrit organized an Alumnae Meet of Sanskrit students and scholars on 3 March 2016 in the Conference Hall of the College.
Mega Alumnae Meet of Dept of Cosmetology
A mega alumnae meet of the Department of Cosmetic Technology of L A D Smt R P College in collaboration with Cosmetic Alumnae Association of LAD (CAAL) titled “Nostalgia-2015” involving all the past students and faculty members was held on Saturday the 3rd October 2015 at the D J Deshmukh Hall, B Tech Building, LAD & Smt Ratnidevi Purohit College of Home Science and Home Science Technology, Seminary Hills Campus. Two Cash prizes worth were instituted in the memory of popular past student Sudipta Paul by her husband Dr Krishnan Subramanian, Head. ‘Sudipta Paul Overall Excellence’ was given to Pradnya Hardas while the award for ‘Academic Excellence’ was given to Bhavna Sahu by Mr. Krishnan.
Felicitation of Alumnae Achievers-Womens Day-8 March 2016
Lending a Helping Hand:
Sponsoring Research Journals of the College-Two Volumes Every Year
Sponsoring Education of Needy Students by way of fees, providing books and stationary, uniforms,
Organizing Placement and Training Activities in the College,
Lending a Helping Hand in Organizing Various Activities in Thaturwada- a Village Adopted by the College,
Motivating Learners by Presenting Awards and instituting endowment prizes ,
In Developing Linkages,
Organizing Seminars/Workshops and Other Academic Activities in the College,
Donation of Cement Benches, Posters to Adorn Walls of the Classrooms,
Enrichment of College Library by Donating Book Shelves and Display Units, Donating Books for Competitive Exams,
Providing Opportunities to be Self Reliant -College Canteen was run by an alumnus Ms. Rekha Sohoni for Five Years,
Providing Stalls to Alumnae to Sell their Products in collaboration with Sewa,
Opportunity to market and publicize their products in college campus
To Strengthen the Association,
To Establish Alumnae Associations Abroad and Strengthen These Associations,
To Institute Various Scholarships and Awards for Faculty as well as Students,
Appeal: Please contribute to the best of your ability in the development of the institution and its infrastructure in all possible ways.
List of Eminent Alumnae: