2 October- 8 October, 2018
DaanUtsav,2018 was celebrated with great enthusiasm and fervor in the College in the first week of October by entire college. In the first week of October.
- 1st October 2018 :College celebrated Joy of Giving Week in collaboration with NSS Unit I , donated Sports material to the Z. P. High School, Pipaldhara students.
- 3rd October 2018 : College staff and students visited the Mure Memorial Oldage Home, Maharaja bagh, Nagpur also donated Clothes and Food to the members of Old age Home. The NSS Unit IIteam went to Mahurzhari (adopted village) and attended the Installation program and donated play items at the Aanganwadi. A generous donation of Rs. 50,000/- by Mr. Milind Pathak was used to buy the play items. Cloth bag making by women of Mahurzhari was also organized by NSS Unit II.
- 5th October 2018 :NSS Unit I organized Blood Donation Camp at Shankar Nagar College Campus many players and staff donated blood .
- The Garden Committee put up a distribution center of medicinal plants/ornamental plants and seeds and also counseled about the beneficial effects of the plant species and the need to grow plants for a good environment.
- The SEWA cell put up a Garage sale of clothes, bags, and other utility items. The huge response received from the underprivileged students and staff brought a lot of satisfaction to the members of the SEWA cell.
- On Day Three, the NSS Unit I led by Mrs. Maya Meshram put up a healthy food distribution centre of sprouts and fruit(banana) and served the students, More than 300 students availed of this ‘surprise’ diet. The Gram VikasSamiti led by Rashmi Koche went to Harankhuri (adopted village) to teach Decoupage (painting) to the villagers.
- The Library of Shankarnagar Campus had appealed to all for donation of old newspapers which were handed over to MaitreePariwar for funding education of underprivileged children.
- The Dept. of Biochemistry distributed hand gloves to sanitary workers and support staff of the college and insisted upon their use for hygiene and prevention of infectious diseases.
- Day Four was scheduled for a Blood Donation Camp which started sharply at 9:00 am. Organized by NSS Unit I and Dept. of Sports under the supervision of a team from Super-specialty Hospital, GMC, Nagpur, the camp was a huge success. Ms. VarshaManohar , Jt. Secretary, WES, attended the camp for blood donation.
- The NSS Unit II went to PanchavatiVruddhashram to ‘Gift a Smile’ with food items.
- A Skit on ‘PrasangikNetradaan’ which was proposed by ApangaMahila-Bal VikasSanstha was directed by Mrs. Maya Meshram with college girls as actors was enacted for the students at 10:30 a.m. in the college ground. The video of it was also prepared.
- Day Five was marked with Cloth bags distribution to grocers and green-grocers through teachers. The SEWA cell of the college got these bags stitched from used bed-sheets and curtains and distributed them.
- On Day Six, Dr. GarimaSapre and her team went to Devi AhilyaMandir Hostel and gifted the students (42 girls of different age groups) study items, handicraft material, stationery items for personal use and made the girls happy. These items were donated by the Senior and Junior College staff of the college.
- A PPT of all the activities done in the Joy of Giving Week was presented by Dr. NutanChotai. The Skit on PrasangikNetradaan was enacted again for the guests. The ‘Blind Students and Volunteers’ List’ which was prepared with the efforts of the Student ambassadors and the Indradhanu Cell of the college as a path-breaking sensitive attempt for the cause of the blind students was released on this occasion.
College celebrated DaanUtsav from 1st-7th October 2019 – focusing on Edu Daan. Various programmes by many departments were organized during this week.
Edu-Daan Visit to adopted village Pipaldhara on 3rd October 2019. NSS Unit-I and t of Physical Education and Sports, under the aegis of DAAN Utsav on 3rd October 2019 in Z. P. High School in its adopted PipaldharaVillagae Tehsil- Hingna,
Blood donation and HIV Awareness camp was organized on 4th October 2019 in the college. Total 23 students and 2 staff members donated blood in the camp. The Blood Donation Camp was organized in collaboration with the Blood Bank of Super Specialty Hospital. The HIV awareness and testing was also a part of the program, TanujaFale district program manager, Ms. YaminiLandge Counselor, Kanchan Kawade Lab. Technician and Sandeep Mahakalkar guided the students regarding HIV and HIV test.