FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (B.Sc.)
I B.Sc. (English Medium) (Three Year Degree Course)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No.4 of 2013 of RTMNU Nagpur from the Academic session 2013-14)
1. Compulsory English
2. Any one of the following languages : Marathi/ Hindi/ Urdu/ Supplementary English/ Sanskrit.
Group A Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
· Can pursue M.Sc. in any of the three subjects/Ph.D.\
· MBA, MCA, MCM, PG Diplomas in the field of their choice
· B.Ed., Law, Computers and Information Technology
· Appear for IAS, Bank PO exam, LIC exam
Recruitment as Software Engineer in leading companies like WIPRO, TCS with good academic record.
Group B : Chemistry, Botany and Zoology
· Can pursue PGcourses in any of the subjects of their choice, such as – Botany, Zoology, Biotechnology, Chemistry, P.G. Dip. in Sericulture
· Can appear for Indian Forest Services (IFS), for which Botany and Zoology are compulsory.
· Pursue professional courses such as LLB (3 years), MBA, P.G. Diploma in Sericulture, Apiculture, Entomology, Fisheries, Mushroom Cultivation, Vermiculture, DMLT (Microbiology/ Zoology or Microbiology/ Botany).
· After Post Graduation one can join Research Institutes, Industries, Pharmaceutical Companies, Cosmetic Companies, Forestry, Environmental Science, DRDO, NEERI, Agriculture Institutes, CICR, Citrus Research, Ecology-Community Services, Bioagent Production Technology or take up Teaching in schools/colleges or private tuitions.
Group C : Microbiology, Chemistry and Zoology/ Botany/ Biochemistry
· Teaching :- Teaching at i) PG/UG after completing Ph.D. in any of the three subjects ii) Junior College and School level after completing B.Ed.
· Research:- In different substreams like environmental, molecular, medical, biotechnological etc. in institutes like NEERI, CICR,ACTRECT, NIV, AGAGAR (in India and abroad).
Food & Pharmaceutical Industries :- Industries for Vaccines, Sera, Antibiotics, Vitamins, Enzyme Production, eg. Biocon, National Serum Institute.
· Self Finance generation:- Biofertilizer, Biopesticides, Dairy products, Baked products and Clinical laboratories, Water analysis etc.
Since the subjects Biochemistry and Microbiology are complementary to each other the combination of these subjects enhances the performance of the students in all the endeavours listed in Group C.
Group D : Biochemistry, Chemistry, Zoology/Botany
· M.Sc. in any of the three subjects, clinical subjects and dietetics in India and foreign countries.
· Job opportunities in Biotech and other life science industries, Scientific Research Institutes, Pathology Laboratory, Hospitals and teaching positions in Universities/Colleges/Medical Colleges or in schools (with B.Ed.)
· Can start their own pathology laboratory.
Option for the subject Zoology/ Botany for group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be decided by the Principal/ admission committee.
Group E : Physics, Electronics and Mathematics
· Further studies leading to M.Sc.(Tech.), M.C.A., M.C.M., M.Sc. in any of the three subjects, B.Ed.
· Placement services available through Campus interviews at reputed IT, BPO, KPO companies.
Group F : (Non Grant) : Any One Combination
· Chemistry, Botany, Biotechnology
· Chemistry, Zoology, Biotechnology
Semester III/IV & V/VI
(Refer Pg.44:Self Financing
1) The optional subject offered for B.Sc.(Final) PEM Group students, is “Programming in C”. Learning through educational C.D’s is encouraged.
2) The optional paper for B.Sc. Final i.e. Zoology paper III CBZ group is ‘PATHOBIOLOGY AND CLINICAL LABORATORY TECHNIQUES’.
3) The optional paper for B.Sc. Final (Mathematics) is “Special theory of Relativity”.
Career Oriented Certificate Course ‘Enhancement of Computer Skills’
The departments of Physics, Electronics and Mathematics conduct add-on Certificate Course covering Windows, MS Office, Photoshop, Corel Draw, HTML and Web Page Designing for B.Sc. students of PCM (Group A) and PEM (Group E). The course is of 3 yrs duration of 4 months each year along with regular B.Sc.-I, B.Sc.-II and B.Sc.-III classes. The course is helpful for acquiring computer skills and self employment.
Career Oriented Certificate Course in Zoology
The Department of Zoology is offering a UGC sponsored career oriented Certificate Course in BIOAGENT PRODUCTION TECHNOLOGY for students, who have passed 12thstandard examination with biology as one of the subjects.
The student may join this course at B.Sc.-I, II or III level. The course will be completed in about four and a half months, parallel to the degree classes and train the degree students in production of Biological control agents useful for agriculture. This will help the students to set up their own Bioagent Production Unit for commercial purpose. This course has been approved by the Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur.
Note : Transfer of admission from one group to another shall not be permitted after 4thAugust. (First Friday of August)
II B.Sc. Home Science (English Medium) (Three Year Degree Course)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No. 80 of 2016 of RTMNU, Nagpur from the Academic session 2016-17)
All the B.Sc. Home Science classes will be held at Seminary Hills Campus.
Home Science is a multipurpose programme of study highlighting the dual role of enriching personal and professional fronts in today’s dynamic society.
Eligibility for Part I admission
(i) Students should have passed XII standard Examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education or an examination recognized as equivalent thereto under the following faculties-Science/Home Science/Commerce/Arts with English (Higher or Lower)
(ii) Students should have passed the XII standard Examination of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education with i) English ii) any other language & iii) Vocational Subject (Paper I,II & III)
The course gives training in all the five subjects of Home Science. After getting this degree, the students can either go in for further studies and specialise in any one of the five subjects of Home Science by joining the Masters Degree Course and Research and further establish in teaching-training programmes or can excel as an entrepreneur or as a consultant as follows:
1. Assistants/Consultants : Work as an Assistant –
i) to Doctors and recognized Dietitians, Nutritional Education in the community.
ii) to Pediatricians and in Child Development Centers.
iii) in Fashion and Textile Designing
iv) in Interior Designing and as a colour consultant.
v) in Family Welfare Agencies, ICDS/Non Governmental/ International agencies like UNICEF/CRY etc.
vi) in script writing for Radio/TV programmes and its presentation
vii) as Extension officers
1. Self employment/Entrepreneurship :
a. Establishing a community kitchen, boutiques, crèche/preschool, family and consumer welfare centers counseling and guidance centers.
b. Production and Marketing of –
i) Preserved Foods/Bakery products/packed lunch etc.
ii) Educative toys, soft toys, play material etc.
iii) Handicrafts, Embroidered/Dyed/Printed Fabrics
iv) Educative instructional materials and educational
1. Fundamentals of Food Science & Nutrition-I
2. Fundamental of Human Development
3. Fundamentals of Textiles & Clothing
4. Fundamentals of Family Resource Management
5. Fundamentals of Home Science Extension
6. Ecology & Environment –I
7. Basic Chemistry –I
8. Applied Physics & Basic Computer-I
9. English and Communication Skills-1
1. Fundamentals of Food Science & Nutrition-II
2. Development in Early Years
3. Sewing Techniques
4. Interior Decoration & Design
5. Social Survey and Community Development
6. Ecology & Environment-II
7. Basic Chemistry-II
8. Applied Physics & Basic Computer –II
9. English and Communication Skill-II
1. Nutrition for Life Span
2. Development in Late Childhood & Adolescence
3. Textile Design
4. Housing & Interior Designing
5. Extension Communication Techniques
6. Applied Physiology-I
7. Applied Chemistry-I
8. Applied Physics & Computer Application-I
1. Community Nutrition
2. Development in Adulthood
3. Surface Ornamentation Techniques
4. Housing & Home Furnishing
5. Media in Extension
6. Applied Physiology –II
7. Applied Chemistry –II
8. Applied Physics & Computer Application –II
1. Diet Therapy – I
2. Family Dynamics and Developmental Assessment
3. Advanced Pattern Making
4. Advanced Resource Management-I
5. Programme Planning & Building in Extension
6. Nutritional Biochemistry -I
7. Health Science and Hygiene
1. Diet Therapy – II
2. Care & Wellbeing in Human Development
3. Fashion Designing
4. Advanced Resource Management- II
5. Community Development & Management
6. Nutritional Biochemistry -II
7. Public Health
III Bachelor of Applied Electronics & Software Technology (Four Year Degree Course)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No. 75 of 2016 of RTMNU, Nagpur from the Academic session 2016-17)
Eligibility for admission to Part I : H.S.S.C. exam of M.S.Board or equivalent recognized exam, with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English subjects. Weightage will be given to Vocational Electronics courses. Final admission will depend on merit/interview.
Eligibility for admission to Part II (Lateral Admission) :
i) Anyone who holds a diploma in Electronics & Telecommunications or Diploma in Electronics or Diploma in Computers or Diploma in Information Technology from anyone of the polytechnics in Maharashtra state shall be eligible for admission to second year of Bachelor of Applied Electronics & Software Technology.
ii) Any Diploma holder in Electronics or Electronics & Telecommunications or Diploma in Computers or Diploma in Information Technology from the state other than Maharashtra with English medium shall be eligible for admission to second year of Bachelor of Applied Electronics & Software Technology course, provided the equivalence of diploma examination passed by her from polytechnics in other state is established by the university.
This is an independent four year degree course in Applied Electronics & Software Technology. This course is not equivalent to any four year degree course of engineering & technology faculty or any other four year degree courses.
i) This course gives extensive training in the techniques utilized in modern industry and includes designing, testing of electronic systems and software development.
ii) As after graduation students have an option to work in the field of Electronics/Information Technology or to pursue higher studies in Management.
iii) Students are place in reputed companies through campus interviews and also through walk-in interviews.
Semester I & II
1-T-1 Applied Physics – (T & P)
1-T-2 Applied Chemistry – (T & P)
1-T-3 Computer Programming –I – (T & P)
1-T-4 Electrical Engineering – (T & P)
1-T-5 Engineering Mathematics-I – (T)
1-T-6 Social Science – (T)
1-P-5 Communicative English – (P)
1-P-6 Engineering Drawing –I – (P)
Semester – III & IV
3-T-1 Electronic Devices & Circuits – (T & P)
3-T-2 Digital Electronics – (T & P)
3-T-3 Computer Programming –II – (T & P)
3-T-4 Engineering Mechanics-II – (T)
3-P-4 Engineering Drawing –II – (P)
3-T-5 Linear Network Analysis – (T)
3-T-6 Engineering Mathematics –II – (T)
3-P-5 Workshop – (P)
Note : Students shall undergo Industrial Training of 6 weeks after Semester -IV
Semester – V & VI
5-T-1 Linear Integrated Circuits – (T & P)
5-T-2 Microcontrollers – (T & P)
5-T-3 Instrumentation & Control Systems – (T & P)
5-T-4 Digital Signal Processing – (T & P)
5-T-5 Algorithms & Data Structures – (T & P)
5-T-6 Communication Electronics – (T)
Part IV (Annual Pattern)
1) Circuit Design – (T & P)
2) Advanced Programming – (T & P)
3) Digital Communication – (T)
4) Industrial Organisation & Management – (T)
5) Microcontrollers – (T & P)
6) Elective : System Design – (T & P)
7) Software Project – (P)
8) Hardware Project (P) / Seminar
IV. Bachelor of Cosmetic Technology (Four Year Degree Course)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No. 30 of 2016 of RTMNU,
Nagpur from the Academic session 2016-17)
Eligibility for admission: H.S.S.C. exam of M.S. Board or equivalent recognized exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics with minimum 50% for open category and 45% for reserved category in PCB/PCM group. (Taken together at one sitting)
Placement in reputed Companies
This course gives extensive training in Cosmetic Formulation, Manufacture, Analysis, Marketing, Application of Cosmetics. To give more practical exposure, educational tour and industrial training is an essential part of the curriculum. The course trains students to work in any department of cosmetic industry or start her own unit.
Yardley of London has instituted Yardley’s Best Cosmetologist Award to a student of the college showing outstanding performance in Final Year of Cosmetic Technology and Yardley’s Certificate of Excellence to the students showing outstanding performance in I, II & III year of Cosmetic Technology.
S1-T1 Cosmetic Chemistry-I — (T & P)
S1-T2 Anatomy and Physiology — (T & P)
S1-T3 Chemistry –I (Organic Chemistry) — (T & P)
S1-T4 Chemistry –II (Physical Chemistry) — (T & P)
S1-T5 Natural Cosmetic Agents — (T & P)
S1-T6 Elementary Mathematics (Theory) — (T)
S2-T1 Cosmetic Chemistry –I — (T & P)
S2-T2 Anatomy and Physiology — (T & P)
S2-T3 Chemistry-I (Organic Chemistry) — (T & P)
S2-T4 Chemistry-II (Physical Chemistry) — (T & P)
S2-T5 Natural Cosmetic Agents — (T & P)
S2-T6 English Communication Skills. — (T)
Semester –III & IV
S3-T1 Cosmetic Technology — (T & P)
S3-T2 Instrumental methods of Analysis — (T & P)
S3-T3 Cosmetic Engineering — (T & P)
S3-T4 Cosmetic Chemistry — (T & P)
S3-T5 Drug & Cosmetic Laws — (T)
S3-T6 Introductory Pharmacology and Toxicology (Theory) –(T)
S3-P5 Beauty Culture (only Practical) — (P)
Semester V & VI
S5-T1 Perfumes and colours — (T & P)
S5-T2 Cosmetics Technology — (T & P)
S5-T3 Principles of Cosmeceutics — (T & P)
S5-T4 Cosmetic Engineering — (T & P)
S5-T5 Beauty Culture — (T & P)
S5-T6 Pharmacology and Interactions (Theory) — (T)
Part IV (Annual Pattern)
1 Quality Assurance Techniques
2 Herbal Cosmetics
3 Cosmetic Technology – III
4 Perfumes & Colours – II
5 Plant Design
6 Organisations & Management of Industries
V. Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (Four Year Degree Course)
(Approved By AICTE, New Delhi)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No. 74 of 2016 of RTMNU, Nagpur from the Academic session 2016-17)
ELIGIBILITY for Admission :
The candidate must have passed the H.S.S.C. Examination or any equivalent Examination in Science/Commerce/Arts/Home Science/MCVC with compulsory English. The candidates must have passed MAH-B.HMCT-CET Examination. The Admission Eligibility is as per Government norms.
1. The admission to degree course in HMCT will be on merit basis as per MAH-B.HMCT-CET
100% Weightage will be given to MAH-HM-CET 2013 for determining the inter-se-merit of the candidate.
2. Vocational Training as per the syllabi of the University will be compulsory for the I & III year students of H.M.C.T.
3. A tour for II year students will be compulsory as per the syllabus.
4. The students admitted to the Department of H.M.C.T. will have to get the required uniforms for Food Production, Food & Beverage Service, House Keeping & Front Office as prescribed by the college.
5. The students from the Department of H.M.C.T. will be required to go for outdoor catering and on job training as and when sent by the college.
Cent percent placement (National & International)
SCOPE : A Hotel Management Graduate will be eligible for a job in –
· Star Hotels on a lower management level or as a management trainee.
· In the service industry like banking, event management company, Hospitality, Travel, Spas, Hospitals, Consultancy and call center.
· In Airlines, Railways, Armed Forces Cruises.
· In the Public relations human resources, sales and marketing-in-corporate offices
· Can be entrepreneurs
· Or pursue higher studies in India or abroad.
Career Oriented certificate in Hospitality Administration. The department of H.M.C.T. is offering UGC sponsored career oriented certificate course in Hospitality Administration for students who have passed 12th standard examination from any stream/faculty.
1-T-I Food Production Foundation –I -T & P
1-T-II Food & Beverage Service Foundation-I -T & P
1-T-III Housekeeping Foundation – I -T & P
1-T-IV Front Office Foundation – I -T & P
1-T-V English and Communication Skills -T
1-T-VI Hygiene and Food Safety Hospitality -T
1-P-V Communication Skills -P
2-T-1 Food Production Foundation-II -T & P
2-T-II Food & Beverage Service Foundation-II -T & P
2-T-III House Keeping Foundation –II -T & P
2-T-IV Front Office Foundation –II -T & P
2-T-V English & Generic Skill -T
2-T-VI Food & Science and Nutrition -T
2-P-V Communication, Generic Skills & -P
3-T-I Food Production Operation –I -T & P
3-T-II Food & Beverage Operation –I -T & P
3-T-III Housekeeping Operation –I -T & P
3-T-IV Front Office Operations-I -T & P
3-T-V French –I -T & P
3-T-VI Hotel Engineering & Facility Management -T
4-T-I Food Production Operations –II -T & P
4-T-II Food & Beverage Operations –II -T & P
4-T-III Housekeeping Operations –II -T & P
4-T-IV Front Office Operations –II -T & P
4-T-V Principles of Management -T
4-T-VI Basic Hotel Accounting -T
4-P-V Hotel Engineering & Facility Management -P
4-P-VI French –I -P
5-T-I Food Production Management I -T & P
5-T-II Food & Beverage Management I -T & P
5-T-III Housekeeping Management I -T & P
5-T-IV Front Office Management I -T & P
5-T-V Application of Computer I -T & P
5-T-VI Financial Management -T
6-T-I Food Production Management II -T & P
6-T-II Food & Beverage Management II -T & P
6-T-III Housekeeping Management II -T & P
6-T-IV Front Office Management II -T & P
6-T-V Application of Computer II -T & P
6-T-VI Hospitality Marketing -T
PART IV (Annual Pattern)
1. Computer Application & Hotel Information System -T & P
2. Entrepreneurship Developments & Economics -T & P
3. Food Production & Patisserie – IV -T & P
4. Food & Beverage Service – IV -T & P
5. Hotel House Keeping – IV -T & P
6. Research : Design & Methodology -T
7. Hotel Related Laws -T
8. Tourism & Public Relations -T
VI. Bachelor of Interior Design (Four Year Degree Course)
(Semester Pattern As per Direction No. 21 of 2017 of RTMNU, Nagpur from the Academic session 2016-17)
(Recognized by Institute of Indian Interior Designers)
1) Eligibility for admission :-
H.S.S.C. exam of Maharashtra State Board of examination recognized as equivalent under the faculties of Science, Home-Science, Commerce or Arts with English as compulsory subject taken at one sitting with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for open category and 45% aggregate for backward class candidates.
The candidate should have passed the Indian School Certificate standard XII examination or any other equivalent Higher Secondary (standard XII) of a council or board, outside Maharashtra State there to under the faculties of Science & Technology, Commerce & Management, Humnaities & Interdisciplinary Studies with English as compulsory subject taken at one and same sitting with not less than 50% marks in aggregate for open category and 45% aggregate for backward class candidates.
The candidate should have passed two year Diploma in Interior Design and Decoration from any one of the polytechnics or equivalent.
2) The applicant seeking admission to Bachelor of Interior Design part I compulsorily will need to appear for a ‘Creativity Test’ specially designed to check the skills of visualization, imagination and observation. The weightage of this test shall be 40% of the total aggregate marks in the matter of admission to this course of study.
The creativity test for the year 2018-19 shall be held on the following dates form 09.30 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. in L.A.D. and Smt. R.P.College for Women, Shankar Nagar Campus. Students should report to the college at 09..00a.m. sharp.
Candidate should get drawing & colouring equipment with them.
07th June 2018 – Thursday – Written Test
14th June 2018 – Thursday – Written Test
At the time of registration candidates shall pay an amount of Rs.100/- in cash for the creativity test.
3) Eligibility for admission to III Semester
The candidate should have passed 3 year Diploma in interior design and decoration from any one of the polytechnics or equivalent.
The candidate should have passed XII Std from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary Education or an examination recognized as equivalent there too under the faculty of Science and Technology with Mathematics and English as a Compulsory subject and holds one/two year diploma in interior design and decoration from any one of the polytechnics or equivalent.
4) Scope :-
a) Can practice as interior designers
b) Can associate with practicing designers
c) Can become independent entrepreneurs by setting up a
workshop for accessory design
d) Can join any furniture industry
e) Can pursue post-graduate studies in Design at National
Institute of Ahmedabad, Centre for Environmental Planning and designTechnology, Ahmedabad.
Semester –I /II
1T1/2T1 Interior Design –I/II
1T2/2T2 Material & Construction Techniques –I/II
1T4/2T4 Cultural Anthropology –I/II
1T5/2T5 Communication Skill – I/II
1T6/2T6 Mathematics –I/II
1T7/2T7 Presentation Techniques –I/II
1T8/2T8 Product Workshop –I/II
3T1/4T1 Interior Design –III/IV
3T2/4T2 Material & Construction Techniques –III/IV
3T3/4T3 Furniture Design-I/II
3T4/4T4 History of Art And Architecture –I/II
3T5/4T5 Structure –I/II
3T6/4T6 Interior Environment Control –I/II
3T7/4T7 Graphic Design –I/II
3T8/4T8 Product Workshop –III/IV
5T1 Interior Design –V
5T2 Material & Construction Techniques –V
5T3 Furniture Design-III
5T4 History of Art And Architecture –III
5T5 Structure –III
5T6 Interior Services –I
5T7 Estimation and Costing -I
5T8 Digital Application –I
6T1 Interior Design –VI
6T2 Material & Construction Techniques –VI
6T3 Furniture Design-IV
6T4 History of Art And Architecture –IV
6T5 Structure –IV
6T6 Interior Services –II
6T7 Estimation and Costing -II
6T8 Digital Application –II
Part IV (Annual Pattern)
1. Interior Detailing
2. Structure – III
3. Interior Landscape
4. Project/Viva Voce
6. Apprentice Training (6 months)
7. Professional Practice