N.S.S. (National Service Scheme) : The College has been selected by the University for this Central Government Scheme since 1969-70 and many students participate in this activity. College has two N.S.S. units, one at Shankar Nagar Campus and the other at the Seminary Hills Campus. Certificates are issued to students participating in N.S.S. activities.
In collaboration with RTMNU’s NSS,on 1st September 2018, L.A.D College organized an Aqua Rally to generate water literacy in the society which was flagged off by Hon.Vice Chancellor Dr.Siddharthvinayak Kane, R.T.M. Nagpur University with Dr. KeshavWalke, Director, NSS, RTMNU. Approximately 2200 students, teaching and non-teaching staff of L.A.D. College and students of NSS units of 16 affiliated colleges of RTMNU along with their faculties participated in the Rally. Students were administered an Oath on Water is Life.Two Street Plays Jal hi JeevanHaiat VNIT Square and KahaniEkBoond Ki at Shankarnagar Garden Square by NSS Unit I and II respectively were staged.
The College staff, students and N.S.S. Units ( I& II) celebrated the joy of giving (Daan) in the first week of October, 2018. Selfless Service to the Society (inclusive of College, Hostels, Anganwadis, Schools, Old Age Homes and adopted villages – Pipaldhara, Mahurzhari and Haranphuri) was the main focus. Distribution of utility items, donations, Edu-Daan, Shram-Daan, etc. were undertaken.Skit performance on –PrasangikNetraDaan- in collaboration withAshadeep where the video was released, and “Volunteer Writers List” was published by the student ambassadors of Indhradhnu was a path – breaking sensitive attempt by the students of the college. The DaanUtsav2018 hasleft a lasting impression in all those who got involved, with a promise and a zeal to do more selfless service to the society.
NSS UNIT I -Shankar Nagar
- Organized a seven day Residential NSS Special Camp at Sanjeevan Socio Medical Foundation Amgaon Deoli, Hingna Road, Nagpur from 27th December 2017 to 2th January 2018 where 150 NSS volunteers along with their NSS Programme Officers, Ms. Varsha Bhujbal and Mrs. Maya Meshram had participated
- NSS Unit I was awarded the Second Prize in Intercollegiate Skit Competition held on 12th January 2018 organized jointly by NSS Unit of RTMNU, Nagpur and Mamta Health Institute for Mother and Child on the topic Youth and Addiction at Matru Sewa Sangh College of Social Work, Bajaj Nagar, Nagpur
- NSS Unit I Volunteers, Aishvarya Fating and Jayashri Rathore represented RTMNU, Nagpurin the 22nd National Youth Festival from 12th – 18th January 2018 organized by the Directorate of NSS, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- 50 NSS Volunteers participated in the Nagpur Mahamarathon on 11th February 2018
- 180 Volunteers had participated in the three day State Level Camp, AVHAN from 5th – 7th March 2018 where NSS Unit I Volunteers, Aishwarya Fating, Jayshri Rathod, Vaishnavi Bhagyawant, Rashmita Rautray and Dhaneshwari Rajput were selected for the Training Camp
- Namrata Singh Baghel participated in a five day Adventure Camp jointly organized by the NSS Cell Department of Higher and Technical Education Govt. of Maharashtra, SGB, Amravati University, Amravati and National Adventure Foundation Amravati Chapter, Amravati at Chikhaaldara from 5th – 9th March 2018
- NSS Programm Officers, Varsha Bhujbal and Mrs. Maya Meshram graced the Annual Gathering at Zilla Parishad Uchha Prathmik Shala, Pipaldhara Tehsil, Hingnaon 7th February 2018
- NSS Units initiated the Voters Awareness among Women by inaugurating a Voters Literacy Club in the College on 8th March 2018. A Women’s Day Rally was also flagged off at the hands of Shri Dnyanesh Bhatt, Deputy Collector and Principal, Dr. Deepali Kotwal where 350 Students and teachers participated from the College
- A Charity Programme was organized for adopted village Pipaldharain June 2018
- Rashmita Rautray, Shraddha Thakur and Kanchan Pal represented RTMNU, Nagpur at a State Level Disaster Management Training Camp, AVHAN held at Aurangabad University, Aurangabad from 27th May – 3th June 2018
- 35 NSS Volunteers along with Ms. Varsha Bhujbal , Mrs. Maya Meshram and Dr. Meenakshi Kulkarni participated in Vrikshdindi , an Environmental Awareness Rally on 1st July 2018 organized by the NSS wing of RTMNU, Nagpur
- 35 NSS Volunteers along with Programm Officers, Ms. Varsha Bhujbal and Mrs. Maya Meshram participated in University Level Tree Plantation Programme on 3th July 2018
- 50 NSS Volunteers enthusiastically participated in the Tree Plantation programm on 13th July 2018 at the adopted village Pipaldhara
- 10 NSS Volunteers participated in the University Level Pre Republic Day Parade Selection Camp organized by NSS Unit of RTMNU, Nagpur on 8th August 2018. Programme Officer, NSS Unit I, Ms. Varsha Bhujbal also the District Co-ordinator worked as a Selection Member in the Committee.
- 100 NSS Volunteers celebrated Rakshabandhan Festival at the Deaf and Dumb School, Shankar Nagar, Nagpur on 25th August 2018
- Aqua Rally: Walk for Water, a University Level Aqua Rally was organized by the College in collaboration with the NSS Unit of RTMNU, Nagpur on 1st September 2018.
- Students were administered an Oath on Water is Life
- Two Street Plays Jal hi Jeevan Hai at VNIT Square and Kahani Ek Boond Ki at Shankarnagar Garden Square by NSS Unit I and II respectively were staged
- University Level Street Play Competition was organized on 5th September 2018 in Collaboration with NSS Unit of RTMNU, Nagpur on the theme Water is Life
- NSS Unit I and II along with their Programme Officers participated in Shramdaan at Rajbhawan on 11th September 2018 organized by the NSS Unit of RTMNU, Nagpur as a part of Swachhta Abhiyan, an initiative of Honorable Prime Minister of India and as per the directives of Department of General Administration, Government of Maharashtra
- Orientation and NSS Foundation Day Programme was organized on 24th September 2018
- Programme Officers attended YovaMahitiDoot Training Workshop on 10th October 2018 that was jointly collaborated by the Information and Public Communication Dirctoratate (Mahiti V Jansampark Mahajansanchalanaya), UNICEF and RTMNU, Nagpur had organized training workshop on “YouvaMahitiDoot” at Bachat Bhavan, Nagpur
- 10 NSS volunteers participated in the Disaster Danger Management Day on 12th October 2018 organized by District Disaster Management and Municipal Corporation Nagpur at Vasantrao Deshpande Hall, Nagpur
- Voter’s Awareness Campaign Drive was held from 13th – 15th October 2018 for new voters’ registration where 50 students registered their names whose Forms were submitted by NSS Unit I at the Collector Office
- Dilpreet Kaur Saukhi and Kavita Rajmaru were selectedfor the Adventure Camp at Atal Bihari Vajpai Institute of Mountaineering, Pong Dam Himachal Pradesh that was organized from 28th October to 6th November 2018
- Shruti Jambhulkar had participated in the selection process of the Pre Republic Day West Zone Selection Camp from 25th November 2018 to 4th December 2018, an initiative by The Directorate of NSS, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports, Pune. Shruti was selected to participate in the Republic Day Parade at New Delhi and at the National Level Republic Day Parade Camp at New Delhi that will be organized from 1st – 31st January 2019
NSS Unit II, Seminary Hills Campus
- NSS Special Camp was organized from 8th – 15th January
- Prabhat Pheri on the occasion of International Women’s Daywas organized on 8th March 2018
- Two Sphygmomanometers, Blood Pressure Measuring Meter and two Stethoscope were donated to Srujan an NGO working for the welfare of tribal people on 16thApril 2018 by the NSS Unit
- Tree Plantation activity was carried out where 75 Gulmohar and Neem trees were planted around the campus of Women’s Technical Education and Research Institute, Seminary Hills campus on 19thJuly 2018
- A talk by Mr. Sandeep Adhayapak, CEO of Water Field Technologies on Ground Water Harvesting was arranged on 21th July 2018
- Rakhi Making was taught to the residents of adopted village Mahurjhari on 21st August 2018
- Rakshabandhan was celebrated at D. J. Hall, Seminary Hills Campus with the Air Force Personnel. Earlier a Rakhi Making Competition was organized where students prepared colourful rakhies and the same rakhis were tied to the Officers and Jawans on 24thAugust 2018
- The prize winners of India Peace Centre were felicitated on the occasion of NSS Foundation Day on 24thSeptember 2018
- A Blood Donation Camp was organized where 35 units of blood was donated to Jeevan Jyoti Blood Bank, Nagpur on 25thSeptember 2018
- NSS Volunteers participated in the Cleanliness Drive on World Tourism Day organized by the Department of HMCT and also demonstrated Nutritious recipes and cloth bag making at Mahurjhari on 27th September 2018
- A Cleanliness Drive was initiated by the Unit at Nelson Mandela Hostel, Nagpur on 20th November 2018
- The Unit Volunteers participated in the Samvidhan Divas Rally on 26th November 2018
- International Disability Day was observed on 3thDecember 2018where a talkby Dr. Charu Baheti was arranged
- NSS Special Camp was organized at Mahurjhari, the adopted village from 20th – 27th December 2018
- NSS– 2019
- L.A.D. & Smt. R.P. College for Women, Shankar Nagar, Nagpur was awarded First Prize in the Intercollegiate Skit Competition organized by S. B. City College, Nagpur under the aegis of The Lifelong Learning And Extension Cell on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8th March, 2019.
- L.A.D. & Smt. R.P. College for Women, Shankar Nagar, Nagpur was awarded Second Prize in the Intercollegiate Skit Competition organized by BharatiyaStree Shakti, Nagpur under the aegis of The Lifelong Learning And Extension Cell on the occasion of International Women’s Day on 8th March 2019.
- Ku. ShrutiJambhulkarB.Com.II, Divya Mishra B.Com. II, PrachiZaa B.Com. II, Manisha Tiwari B.Com.II and KavitaMaru B.A.II participated in University Level Life Skill Development Camp from 25th March to 27th March 2019 at MatruSevaSangh College of Social Work.
- Unnat Bharat Abhiyan :One day regional workshop on 16th March, 2019 was organized by regional coordinating institute (RCI) of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan at SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati which was sponsored by National co-ordinating institute of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, IIT Delhi and Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India. Ms. VarshaBhujbal and Dr. Meenakshi Kulkarni – Programme officer of the NSS Units attended the same.
- AVHAN a State Level Disaster Management Training Camp for NSS volunteers was organized in the academic session 2019-2012, at Swami RamanandTeerthMarathwada University, Nanded, Aurangabad from 03rd June to 12th June 2019. Out of these, 30 students from various colleges represented Nagpur district. L.A.D. College NSS volunteer namely Ku. Deepika J. Uikey, B. A. II year were selected for the training camp. (10 Days).
- Honorable, Director of Education, Higher education Directorate Maharashtra State, Pune had organized meeting for the occasion of Rashtrapita Mahatma Gandhi’s 150 Birth Anniversary at Mantralaya, Mumbai on 20 June 2019. Ms. Varsha R. Bhujbal, NSS unit 1 represented RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur for the same.
- Vrikshdindi environmental awareness rally was organized by NSS wing of RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur on 02 July 2019. NSS Unit of various colleges participated in the event. From our college 35 NSS volunteers with Ms. VarshaBhujbal participated.
- National Service Scheme, RashtrasantTukdojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur had organized Tree Plantation programme at premises of Administrative Building, RashtrasantTukdojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The programme was attended and graced by Hon’ble, Vice Chancellor, RTMNU, Nagpur Dr. Siddharthavinayaka Kane. From L.A.D. College Programme Officer, NSS team members and 35 volunteers actively participated in the programme.
- Government Medical College and Super Specialty Hospital, NAGPUR had organized Felicitation programme for Blood donation organizers on 06 July 2019, where Our collegewas felicitated by them. Dr. D. Titarmare, Dr. AlkaDhondge and Dr. Neeta Kashyap represented our college for the same.
- Under the directions of Higher and Technical Education, Ministry Of Mumbai, Government of Maharashtra, NSS –I wing had conducted International Anti-Tobacco Mass Pledge Signing Activity in the college on 11 July 2019. In the Mass Pledge Principal Dr. DeepaliKotwal, Supervisor Dr. D. Titarmare, Dr. MadhuriDatalkar, Teaching and Non-Teaching staff along with 187 students were present.
- University level Republic Day Parade programme on 19th to 20th July 2019:10 NSS Volunteers from L.A.D. College participated in the event.
- Ku. ShrutiJambhulkarB.Com.II received the Best NSS Volunteer Award at the ceremony organized by RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur on 09thAugust 2019. She was felicitated in the presence of Principal Dr. DeepaliKotwal and Mrs. Maya Meshram NSS Programme Officer in a function organized by NSS Unit of RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. Shri Sunil Deshpande, SampurnaBambuPrakalp was the Chief Guest. Hon’ble Registrar Dr. Vinayak Deshpande presided over the function Dr. KeshavWalke Director, NSS, RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur were present prominently. The award was the outcome of integrated team work within the college.
- National Service Scheme Unit 1 of our college celebrated Rakshabandhan Festival at Deaf & Dumb School, Shankar Nagar, Nagpur on 14 August 2019 during 9 a.m-12 noon.
- National service scheme unit I our college had organized YuvaMahitiDootProgrammeon 22nd August 2019. The chief guest of the programme was Mrs. ShailjaWagh, Public Relation Officer.
- University level Anti-Tobacco Workshop organized by RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The chief guest of the programme was Dr. Vinayak Deshpande, Registrar of RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The workshop was held in collaboration with Sambandh health foundation (SHF) of protecting youngsters from tobacco.
- Voter’s Awareness Campaign started from 28 August to 08 September 2019. ‘Voter’s awareness programme (Practical exposure of VVPAT and EVM Machine) at its Shankar Nagar College campus on 17th September 2019 at 11.30 am in the Niyogi hall. Chief Guest Shri Pradeep Deshmukh from 56 constituency graced the occasion. Mr. VijuKukde explained about
- VVPAT and EVM Machine. In all 50 students registered their names. Voters Forms were submitted to the Collector Office on 15 October 2018.
- Collection of need essentials for flood affected District Kolhapur National service scheme unit I organized “Helping Hand” activity with the contribution of essential and daily need items to donate family of flood affected District Kolhapur from 5th to 11th September 2019.
- State Level Pre Republic day Selection Camp at Aurangabad from 13th September to 16th September 2019 was organized in which one NSS volunteer Ku. SonaliBesenB.Com. III NSS volunteerwas selected for Pre-RD Selection Camp.
- National service scheme unit I our college had organized YuvaMahitiDoot awareness campaign on 22nd August 2019. 15 NSS volunteers completed campaign and they have Digital certificate from government of Maharashtra.
- Orientation and NSS Foundation Day Programme for NSS volunteers was organized on27th September 2019 at Niyogi Hall of the college Shankar Nagar campus. The Chief Guest of the programme was Dr. PrakashKakani, Medical Superintendent, National Cancer Institute who in his speech explained about Women’s cancer and role of National Cancer institute. He emphasized that NSSvolunteers can take up a big role in awareness campaign.
- National level NSS Pre Republic day Selection camp from 3 November to 15th November 2019 was held at Patan, Gujarat. One NSS volunteer – Ku. SonaliBesen B.Com. III was selected to attend the same.
- Edu-Daan Visit to adopted village Pipaldhara on 3rd October 2019. NSS Unit-I and Department of Physical Education and Sports, under the aegis of DAAN Utsav on 3rd October 2019 in Z. P. High School in its adopted PipaldharaVillagae Tehsil- Hingna, Nagpur. This village has been adopted for development and progress. College is extending a helping hand to the Z. P. High School authorities in all round development of students. The function was graced by Former Sarpanch of Pipaldhara village Shri NilkanthSadmake, Head Mistress Smt. M. Potdar, Senior teacher and members of the Gram Panchayat. Shri Suresh Zade welcomed and thanked faculty of the College and NSS Volunteers on the occasion. Books in Hindi, Marathi and English language included story Books, short Novels, Grammar and Work Books, work of eminent Leaders and great freedom fighters, etc. were donated. Sports Kits and equipment were also distributed to the students. Foot Balls, Cricket Kit, Skipping Ropes, Tennis Balls and Badminton Rackets donated to the students created a lot of excitement. A huge team of NSS Volunteers helped in the planning and execution of the Edu-Daan.
- Blood donation and HIV Awareness camp was organized on 4th October 2019 in the college. Total 23 students and 2 staff members donated blood in the camp. The Blood Donation Camp was organized in collaboration with the Blood Bank of Super Specialty Hospital. The HIV awareness and testing was also a part of the program, TanujaFale district program manager, Ms. YaminiLandge Counselor, Kanchan Kawade Lab. Technician and Sandeep Mahakalkar guided the students regarding HIV and HIV test. The Blood Donation Camp was conducted under the supervision of Dr. M. H. Waghmare and his team.
- Gandhi Jayanti rally 2nd October 2019: 35 NSS volunteers with Ms. VarshaBhujbal participated in the Gandhi Jayanti rally which was organized by NSS wing of RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. The route of the rally was Sanvidhan Square- Aakashwani Square, Nagpur Board Office-RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. NSS Unit of various colleges participated in the event.
- Street play by NSS Volunteers on 16th and 18th October 2019 :In collaboration with Collector Office and NSS, RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University organized street play on Voter’s awareness”. NSS team of our college comprising 10 students performed street play under the supervision of Mrs. Maya Meshram in five different prominent squares in Nagpur city.
- Constitutional Day on 26th November 2019 :Constitutional Day rally was organized by NSS wing of RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University. From our college 10 NSS volunteers with Ms. VarshaBhujbal participated.
- Road safety rally on 30th November 2019 : Regional office Nagpur District organized Road safety rally. From our college 11 NSS volunteers with Ms. VarshaBhujbal participated. The route of the rally was RTO-Law College Square-Gokulpeth Square-Children’s Traffic Park.
- Street Play on ‘Ban on Use of Plastic’ at Eternity Mall on 9th October 2019: Students of final year B.Sc Home Science presented a Street Play on ‘Ban on Plastic’ in front of Eternity Mall. A message to dispose plastics in dustbin and proper recycling of plastic – ‘Plasti can NahiChhahiye, use only Recyclable Plastic’ was spread in the society through this play. Dr. KeshavWalke, Coordinator, RTMNU NSS and R. J. Nisha from BIG FM were prominently present on the occasion. Around hundred people including Staff from Sitabuldi Police Station and Eternity Mall also witnessed the play. This event was organized by NSS Unit-II Seminary Hills Campus by Dr. Meenakshi Kulkarni.
- Drug Awareness Programme at LAD College on 8th January 2020: Drug awareness campaign was conducted by Deputy Commission Of Police Crime Branch at L.A.D. Shankar Nagar, Nagpur on 08th Janaury 2020. Shri. Gajanan Rajmane, Deputy Commissionr of Police, Crime Branchwas the Chief Guest and Principal, Dr. Deepali Kotwal presided over. Shri. Gajanan Rajmane addressed the students by informing them about the disadvantages of Drug abuse with the help of power point presentation. He motivated the students to read books and become a good human being. The programme was conducted by Mrs. Maya Meshram, NSS Programme Officer. Highlight of the programme was that all undertook an oath to abstain from drugs and spread the message of healthy life.
- Traffic awareness programme on 13th January 2020:Traffic Awareness Programme for students and NSS volunteers was organized on 13thJanuary 2020 at LAD’s Niyogi Hall of the college Shankar Nagar campus. Principal Dr.DeepaliKotwal presided over the function. The Chief Guest of the programme was Shri ChinmayPandit, (IPS) Deputy Commissioner of Police, Traffic Police, Nagpur Branch who was welcomed by the Principal. In his speech, Shri.ChinmayPandit, explained the severity, importance and benefits of traffic rules and regulations. He emphasized on social awareness and responsibility among the students and offered his best wishes to students, NSS Volunteers and the College. The programme began with the power point presentation by Mr. AtulAgarkar, Safety Instructor Nagpur Traffic Police on Traffic Awareness. The programme was conducted by Mrs. Maya Meshram, Programme Officer NSS Unit I. Highlight of the programme was that all undertook pledge to become responsible citizens.
- NSS Special Camp College level during 16th to 22ndJanuary 2020 : Successfully conducted college level NSS Special camp during 16th to 22nd January 2020. In the camp various guest lectures, skit competition, poster competition, cultural programs were organized. In the validictory programme, Principal Dr. Deepali Kotwal,Vice Principal, Mrs. Radhika Yelkawar and Dr. Alka Dhondge graced the occasion. Principal encouraged the NSS Camp students and gave a motivational speech.
- State level Republic Day Parade T Mumbai on 26th January 2020: Ku. Sonali Bisen represented College in a State level Republic Day Parade camp during 16th January to 30th January 2020.
- NSS Special Camp in collaboration with NGO ‘Vardaan’ : Dr.Minakshi Kulkarni Organized NSS Special Camp in collaboration with NGO ‘Vardaan’ for the volunteers of NSS Unit II at Community Centre, Kachipura, from 10th to 16th January 2020.
- State Level NSS camp at Lakhandur :Wankhede college of Arts and Commerce organized State Level NSS camp at Lakhandur during 2ndto 8thFebruary 2020. Ku Rekha Tiwari B com I and Dimple Yadav B.A.I participated from college. Dr.Minakshi Kulkarni participated in NSS State Level Camp at Lakhandur from 2nd to 8th February 2020 as a Programme Officer.
- University Level NSS camp at Jalalkheda: Jeevan vikas mahavidyalaya had organized University Level NSS camp at Jalalkheda during 12th to 18th February 2020. Ku. Pranali Bhoyar B. Com. I , KU. Mansi Khandelwal B.A. I , Ku. Prachiti Rakhunde B.A. I had participated in the same from our college.
- National Integration camp at Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur university, Nagpur: Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur university had organizedNational Integration Camp under the agies of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Regional Dirctorate Pune during 16th to 22nd February 2020 from our college. Ku. Shruti Ukey B.B.A I, Ku. Prachiti Rakhunde B.A.I along with Dr. Varsha Bhujbal participated.
- National Integration camp at Cuttak University, Orissa: Cuttak University, Orissa had organized National Integration camp under the agies of Government of India, Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports Regional Dirctorate Pune during 17th to 23rd February 2020. From our college Ku. Kavita Maru B.A.III, Ku. Manisha Tiwari B.Com.III participated.
- National Level Tribal Youth Exchange Programme at Guwahati:Tribal Youth Exchange programme had organized National integration camp under the agies of Government of India, Ministery of youth Affairs and Sports Regional Directorate of NSS Guwagativat Don Bosco Institute during 2nd to 8th March 2020. Ku. Manisha Dhurve B.A.-I participated in the same.
- As NSS District Co-ordinator, Dr.VarshaBhujbal, the member of University Level COVID- 19 group, has undertaken daily communication with the NSS Programme Officers, and daily report compilation work is been done during lockdown phase by her.
- ArogyaSethu and Diksha App were downloaded by 300 NSS volunteers during the lockdown phase starting from 2nd April 2020 till date and this is an ongoing activity.
- A video to spread social awareness (https://Dr.ive.google.com/file/d/1-7luKz3aR3bdj 4UvnZp PAKhI2IQujegR/view?usp=Dr.ivesdk) was made on 7th April 2020 by NSS volunteers KavitaRajmaru, PranitiRakhunde and NSS Programme officers and dedicated to the front warriors of the lockdown phase.
- Posters were made by NSS volunteer PranitiRakhundeon 7th April 2020 to Spread Social Awareness during lockdown phase.
- Dr.VarshaBhujbal and Mrs. Maya Meshram participated in online workshop for NSS warriors on Awareness about COVID 19 organised by UNICEF and NSS Department of Maharashtra State on 14th April 2020 and on AppatiVyasthapanKash Tehsil Karyalaya, Pobhurna on 23rd April 2020.
- A Pledge for life tobacco free youth, a campaign organised by Sambandh Health Foundation was attended by 300 NSS volunteers to spread awareness in society.
- Another video (https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/taCZel8c-Ij1ZEf8tM kudc0EFZPdqbs bzkcUDmzk9-ZlzEG6doMolfka_setUiaxlaGZbm3lthlalI9O9DY8XYINZ5krPsxVEzJZYhOBIU Y 2p2DxA=s0-d-e1-ft#https://ssl.gstatic.com/docs/doclist/ images/icon_11_video_list.png) was made on 30th April 2020 by NSS Volunteer Mansi Sharma along with her friends from different Maharashtra NSS Units to dedicate it to the front warriors who worked diligently during the lockdown phase of COVID-19. This video has been forwarded to National Level Group.
A poem was penned by VaishnaviShivhare, a NSS volunteer to spread social awareness during lockdown phase.
NSS Unit I volunteers participated in various online Quiz Competitions on Covid-19 social awareness organized by various colleges and achieved e-certification while the Unit II Volunteers also prepared and distributed Face Masks, made citizens aware regarding the importance to use of face mask. The College NSS unit I and II volunteers contributed to this noble cause through messages and by making Videos and preparing Posters which were submitted to NSS Cell, RTMNU.
NSS volunteer Simran Dubey won the Poster Making Competition organized by BARASATHI Centre for Learning Printing, Nambilly Junction, Okkal P.O. near Kalady, Ernakulam, Kerala. She had submitted the poster on 18th April 2020.
RuthikaMarathe participated in a Poetry Competition on 20th May 2020 held under aegis of National Student Union of India (NSUI), Nagpur.
Dr.VarshaBhujbal along with Kavita Raj Maruand SonaliBisen, NSS Volunteersreceived a Letter of appreciation from Sambandh Health Foundation for supporting the Spitting Kills Campaign on 20th May 2020.
Dr.VarshaBhujbal and Mrs. Maya MeshramCoordinator NSS Unit-1 participated in regional webinar on Role and Responsibilities of Unnat Bharat Abhiyan Present Scenarioon 23rd and 24th May 2020 organised by Regional Co-Ordinating Institute (RCI),Unnat Bharat Abhiyan (UBA) SantGadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati and participated in State Level online workshop on Orientation of NSS Official and Volunteers in COVID -19 : Stigma and Discrimination on 23rd May 2020, organised by NSS, RashtrasantTukadojiMaharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur and UNICEF, Maharashtra. Both also participated in a national webinar on The Role of National Service Scheme in the Preparedness Amidst Disasters organised by regional directorate of NSS, Pune NSS Cell Govt. of Maharashtra, UNICEF, India and NSS Department of KavayitriBahinabaiChaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaonheldfrom 12th to 13th June 2020.
Distributed food grains to the needy people in the society under the guidance of Coordinator NSS Unit II, Dr.Meenakshi Kulkarni.
NSS Unit – I
- The Unit visited the adopted village Pipaldhara’sZillaParishad School at a part of DaanUtsav celebration where food grains were distributed to the school. Washing powder, soaps and face masks were distributed to the villagers in the presence of the Sarpanch.
- An online webinar on AIDS Awareness was organised by NSS Unit I on 9th December 2020. Mr. TanujaFale, District Programme Officer, Indira Gandhi Govt. Medical College and Hospital was the resource person.
- Online Electoral Literacy Programme for NSS volunteers was held on 22nd January 2021 . The Guest Speaker of the programme was Mr. Rahul Sarang, Tehsildar, Office of Deputy District Election, Election Office, Nagpur.
- Essay and Poster competition under the theme voter’s awareness organized on 23rd January, 2021 under the guidance of Principal Dr. DeepaliKotwal.
NSS Unit – II
- Celebrated Constitution Day on 26th November 2020by organising an interactive webinar on the Basics of Constitution. Advocate Deoul Pathak was the resource person.
- National Voters Day Programme was held on 21st and 22nd January 2021.
- An Online Slogan Competition was organized on ‘Importance of Voter Registration’ and Importance of Voting’ for NSS volunteers’ where 18 students participated.
- The Pledge for Voters Day was taken by Teaching and Non- Teaching Staff of Seminary Hills in B.Tech. Foyer by following Social Distancing norms.
- A talk on the Importance of Voting was organised online that was lucidly delivered by Adv. RohitRathi.