Rules of CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
1. Uniforms : It is compulsory for all the students of the Junior college (XI & XII) of all streams to attend college in the Uniform approved by the college from the session 2010-2011.
2. Students should not carry mobile phones in the college premises.
3. Students remaining absent for long period due to illness / mishaps in the family are expected to submit Medical Certificate / letters from parents / guardians immediately on joining. Submitting the same at the end of the year shall not be entertained.
4. Students shall be expected to attend minimum 75% theory and practical classes. Students should not remain absent without seeking prior permission from the respective teachers. Rs. 25/- per paper will be fined on remaining absent for college examination. Students having less than 75% attendance will be detained and will not be allowed to appear for Examination.
5. Students shall be expected to obey all the orders and behave respectfully towards their respective teachers, other teaching and non-teaching staff of the college. Students are expected to be punctual and fully responsive in the class.
6. Students shall not be allowed to join any other course of study simultaneously outside the college — full time/ part time jobs / tuition classes etc. clashing with college timings.
7. No student shall attend classes other than her own or bring in the college premises any friend who is not a student of this college.
8. Off periods may be spent in library reading room/ students common room. Students shall not unnecessarily loiter in the college premises or sit/ stand in the corridors or sit on the parapet walls.
9. RAGGING IN HIGHER EUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, 2009, (Under section 26(1)(g) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956) bearing no. F.116/2007(CPP-II) dt. 17.6.2009 ragging is totally prohibited in the institution, AND ANYONE FOUND GUILTY OF RAGGING AND/OR ABETTING RAGGING, WHETHER ACTIVELY OR PASSIVELY,
BEING A PART OF CONSPIRACY TO PROMOTE RAGGING, IS LIABLE TO BE PUNISHED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE REGULATIONS AS WELL AS UNDER THE
PROVISIONS OF ANY PENAL LAW FOR THE TIME BEING IN FORCE. The student can contact Vice Principals and Convener SQAC in the college for help.
An Anti-Ragging toll free helpline has been made operational w.e.f.20.6.2009 by University Grants Commission, New Delhi-110 002 wit a Toll free Anti-Ragging Helpline number 1800-180-5522, E-mail- email@example.com& The other toll free number 155222.
10.Writing, painting or pasting bills of any kind on walls, doors, windows, spitting seeds or littering the college premises with any substances or committing any unhygienic act, will entail fine of Rs. 50/-
11. Playing Holi in the college and hostel premises is strictly prohibited.
12. Students shall use the college furniture, fans, books or any other college property with utmost care. The cost of damage done shall be recovered from the students individually or collectively as the case may be.
13. No student shall directly send anything concerning the college for Publication either to the press or elsewhere without the prior approval or necessary permission from the college Principal. Any breach of this rule may entailoutright expulsion of the student from the college.
14. Students are not authorized to form unions or societies in the college without the prior consent of the Principal. They shall also not invite guests or arrange lectures/ programme without prior permission of The Principal.
15. Students shall not be allowed to hold meetings of any kind or collecting group of students and lecturing in the college premises without the prior permission of the Principal.
16. Any direct action on the part of the student, like morcha, college bandh, boycotting of classes, approaching higher authorities, strike etc. without prior intimation of atleast 15 days to the principal and without any just or legitimate cause or grievance will result in rustication of the concerned students.
17. Any change in the Subject / Subjects, Faculties or medium will not be allowed unless permitted by the Principal.
18. Any change either in the local or permanent address of a student should be notified to the admission section promptly in writing.
19. There shall be No Annual Social Gathering / College Day Celebration in the college except cultural, academic and sports activities, which all the students shall be expected to attend.
20. Students shall be expected to keep their bi-cycles, two wheelers at the space provided properly locked. No complaints regarding loss of cycles kept unlocked or not kept at the space provided shall be entertained.
21. Students who are bringing vehicles are required to bring the cycle stand cards issued to them and while parking their vehicles they should handover their cards to cycle stand contractor and while taking back their
vehicle they should collect the cards back. No students will be allowed to park their vehicles without cycle stand card.
22. Only special notice shall be read out in classrooms, students are therefore, expected to see the notices put up on Notice Boards from time to time.
23. Any difficulty faced by the students shall be brought to the notice of the Principal through the Vice Principal/ Supervisor/ In charge Teacher / Registrar.
24. Parents / Guardians shall be fully and directly responsible for the behavior of their wards in the college.
25. Students found indulging in activities which are not in the interest of the college or detrimental to the smooth functioning of the college shall be given their T.C. (Transfer Certificate) without holding any kind of enquiry whatsoever, right of giving T.C. or expelling the students from the college is reserved with the Principal.
26. Students granted admission on the basis of Caste Reservation are required to submit Caste and Validity Certificate along with Domicile Certificate. Any breach of the above rules will amount to an act of indiscipline, punishable according to the degree of the seriousness.