Today the buzz around life skills education for girls is at an all-time high. SkEd aimsto satisfythe core needs of students, recent graduates and experienced professionals, whilst meeting the needs of society, community and tradition. All these are designed specifically to optimize the career development and traditional-to-modern cultural exchange along with the main intention of providing a wisdom fusion.
Attaining a degree is a sign of formal education but it no more always guarantees individual growth, social stability or financial security. Skill education is the need of the hour for outcome-based learning that respond to global reality and learner’s aspiration. With a goal to create opportunities, space and scope for the development of the talents of the students and to enhance their technical expertise, L.A.D & Smt. R.P. College focuses on Skill Education as one of its pillars.
Skill education initiatives will help actualize the inert potential and development, for which the younger generation is much aspiring for. This can be partially achieved through focus on advancement of skills that are relevant to the emerging economic environment and also maintaining the original Indian Culture.
A need based list of feasible courses of skill development are enclosed that shall fulfil the desire of achieving the talent as well as oscillating between the need and hobbies.
Life skills-based education is a form of education that focuses on cultivating personal life skills such as self-reflection, critical thinking, problem solving and interpersonal skills. These skills include many attributes like good communication skills, positive approach towards challenge, general awareness, approach to lifelong learning, self-discipline and time management, sense of initiative, sharing and teamwork, stress management and much more.
Various Skill Education (SkEd) Training, Workshops and certificate courses in collaboration with experts, institutions and industry have been undertaken by the college throughout the year. Educational, Soft Skills, Hard Skills and Life Skills Development activities by renowned trainers and experts under the aegis of Skill Education were held. Several student based activities were held under the Training and Placement Cell where campus placement, corporate sessions were held.Students actively participated in Traffic Awareness by Jan Akrosh Volunteers, Youth empowerment program(Chhatraparishad),etc and they also enjoy the Virangula common room of the college and the concept of culture Kattawhich was initiated last year, where they perform at the Hangout outside the canteen.
- Department of H.M.C.T. conducted the program Hunnar Se RojgarTak (PMUSD) under the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India for Supervisors and Lab. Assistant / Attendant i.e. (i) Food and Beverage Steward Program from 1st September, 2018 to 6th December, 2018 and (ii) Food Production Multi Cuisine Cook from 1st September, 2018 to 6th January, 2019.
- Department of HMCT organized Annual Cake Fair–Confection Connection 2018 which was held on 21st& 22ndDecember 2018. The Faculty of Commerce & Management has organized
- Skill Education :Department of Interior Design organized Pidilite workshop, Home Science Skill Education workshops and Skill Villa – an annual exhibition on 4th and 5th January 2019 was held.
- Skill- Education (SkEd Level1) Department of Commerce organized a one week certificate course on Multiplying Wealth: Investments & Income Tax Return (MWIITR) during 14th to 19th January 2019.
- Dr. Archana Masram Course Coordinator and Dr. D.Sridevi Course Co-coordinator under the human right cell conducted six weeks Certificate coursein “Water Conservation-Right to Safe and Clean Water” and twelve weeks Diploma course in “Water Conservation and Water Audit Techniques”, under JEEVAN SHIKSHAN ABHIYAN, Department of Lifelong Learning and Extension, RTM Nagpur University Nagpur. Both the courses have started from 14th January 2019.
- The department of Economics organized one day workshop on “Impact of G S T on Indian Tax System and Digital Banking of India”, on 18th January 2019. Dr. Krunal Parekh, Corporate Trainer, was Empaneled Resource Person.
- Jewellery making workshop was conducted on 2nd February 2019.
- Department of Applied Electronics organized Skill Education Programs during academic session 2018-19. Four Skill Education Programs were conducted for students to gain in-depth knowledge about latest trends in electronics and computer software field and also to give hands on training in latest technologies. The programs were :
- Solar Power Entrepreneurship Development Program from 29.01.2019 to 04.02.2019.
- Professional Skills from July, 2018 to March 2019.
- Virtual Instrumentation using Labview& MATLAB from July, 2018 to March 2019.
- Know your Instruments from July, 2018 to March 2019.
- Department of Urdu had organized two weeks “Certificate Course in Urdu” in collaboration with Justice M. L.Pendse School of Languages and Media Studies from 5 to 20 February, 2019.
- Workshop on Skill Education Program was conducted by Deptt. of Zoology, Deptt. of Human Development & Alumnae Association of L.A.D College on Personality Development on 16th February 2019.Dr. KarunaGanvir was the convenor of the programme.
- Department of Hindi had organized certificate course in Hindi translation from 1st March to 16th March 2019.
- Department of Political Science organized one week ‘Computer Literacy Program’ in collaboration with Sigma Computers Nagpur from 25th February, 2019 to 2nd March, 2019, 45 students participated.
- Department of Electronics arranged Skill Development Program “Broad Band Technician” course under PanditDeendayalUpadhyayUpakram of BSNL from 22nd February, 2019 to 8th March, 2019, 40 students participated.